LED driver The previous article said that when a forward voltage is applied to the two ends of the LED light source, it will emit light, and the LED can only be supplied with DC, DC, and DC important things three times. So there is a magic thing: LED drive power.
- Drive input / output
The input end of the driving power supply is directly 220V AC, and the output end is directly connected to the LED light source board, and the LED has a positive (+) negative pole (-), and the positive (+) of the driving output is connected to the positive (+) of the light source board. The negative electrode (-) is connected to the negative electrode (-).
- Power range
Match the appropriate drive according to the power of the LED lamp. As long as the power of the light source is within the driving range, it can basically be used. For example, a 5W light source can be driven with 4-7W.
- Output current
The effect on the brightness of the same LED lamp is proportional. (It must be within the rated current range of the light source.) For example, a 3W light source, using a 3W300MA drive is better than a 3W150MA drive brightness, but excessive current will cause the LED lamp to overload. During operation, the light decay will be relatively fast, which will also have a great impact on the lamp life. The actual current of the conventional drive is 220-280MA.
- Output voltages
Most drivers are automatically adjusted based on the power of the LED light source.
2: The core components of LED lights
If you want to assemble the core parts of a lamp yourself
- a light source board
- Matching drive power source
- A radiator, the common material of the radiator is aluminum, low cost, good thermal conductivity. Most LED chips have an operating limit temperature of 110 degrees Celsius. The higher the operating temperature of the LED lamp beads, the lower the light efficiency, the faster the light decay, and the shorter the life. Reduce the LED chip operating temperature as much as possible. Scattered exports will soon die.
- A tube of thermal grease for seamless connection between the light source board and the heat sink.
With these three pieces, one LED light can work normally. Next, you can open your mind and make your favorite lamp. Welcome to leave a message in the message area and I will answer any questions. PS: There are N types of light sources, and there are N types of radiators (can be a piece of scrap aluminum, scrap iron, etc.). There will be different light sources and radiators according to different lamps. Here we only talk about LED lights. working principle. Convergence: The drive power source converts AC power to DC power and loads it on the LED light source board to achieve lighting. The heat generated by the LED light is dispersed by the radiator to make it work normally.
3: Common LED Types
The core part of most lamps on the market is composed of a light source board, a driver, and a radiator block. There are internal and external drivers. The working principle is the same whether external or internal. Built-in driver: common in LED bulbs(lohasled e12 bulb), tubes, modules, down / spot lights, track lights, etc.
4: Constant voltage lamps
Some lamps are of specific voltage, common are 12V, 24V, constant voltage lamps are used in specific environment to achieve the purpose of electricity safety, common 12V lamps are used in restaurant refrigerators, jewelry cabinets, mobile phone counters, advertising light boxes , Stalls, prisons and other environments. 24V lights are mostly used outdoors, such as wall washer lights, underwater lights, underground lights, tree lights, fountain lights, etc., whether they are 12V / 24V lights have common characteristics:
- They all use a parallel circuit, a parallel circuit, a parallel circuit, and important things to say three times (for example: to link two 12V light bars, the light bars must be + connected +,-connected-).
- They all need to use specific drive power, the industry term “switching power supply“
- L / N is the input terminal connected to 220V regardless of positive and negative, com or V- is connected to the negative pole of the LED lamp, V + is connected to the positive pole of the LED lamp, G is the ground wire (do not connect without the ground wire)
- Switching power supply is waterproof or non-waterproof, choose according to your needs
- The maximum power of general switching power supply is 400W, others have 300W / 250W, etc.
5: drive light source one
High voltage patch light source Commonly known as “high-voltage chip”, adhere to a principle: LED only receives DC power, high-voltage chip is well explained, that is, the driver is integrated into the light source board, this practice is mostly to save money, save money, save money The important thing is to say three times, some brands are using this solution, but it is relatively guaranteed. Because the light source board is directly connected to 220V, if the quality of the aluminum substrate is poor or the welding process is not fine, it can easily cause leakage and hurt people. Most of these light sources are used On crystal living room lights, cheap LED downlights. I don’t really agree with this approach, but there is a market as long as it is cheap. Most of these lights have a common “strobe” (turn on the mobile phone camera to point at the light source, you will have a magical discovery). 85% of the lights have strobes. Because you can not insert video, you can try it at home.